Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Since last week really seemed to be a downer, I thought I should turn the tables this week and talk about the things in life that give me joy.
1. Running--I know, to some this may seem crazy, but I love the feeling I have after I run. Actually, I even like the feeling when I'm running...once I get in a couple miles. Running allows me to clear my head and pound the stress out. It keeps me grounded. Plus, after running 6 or more miles, I can eat whatever I want!
2. Bonfires--I'm a little bit of a pyromaniac but I love fire. It is so mesmerizing! And the warmth is awesome! There is something so simplistic about staring into the flames that brings a sense of contentment and peace.
3. Coffee--you had to know this was coming! Sometimes the best thing ever is to curl up with a Cup-a-joe and a blankie.
4. Really good food--it doesn't take much to make me happy.
5. Good friends--good friends are hard to come by so when they do, you must never take them for granted, b/c when they're gone, it's heartbreaking.
6. Breathing--as Lulita reminded me last week, BREATHE! It does wonders for calming your soul. Also, one of the best things is when you've had a cold and that first moment you can take a full breath.
7. Music--music has the power to evoke many emotions. Whatever mood I'm in, I'm certain to find a song that suits. I always tell my husband that if I'm even in a coma, all he needs to do to get me out is to play some music. A little AC/CD "Back in Black should do the trick!
8. Napping--kids just don't get how great this is. One of my favorite things is napping...probably b/c I never have the chance.
9. Reading--I love getting lost in a good book. For me, the storyline will actually play out in my head like a movie. So it's like a twofur.
10. Orgasms--I may have passed the PG-13 rating Doc likes to keep on this one but it HAS to go on the list. You really don't appreciate how good they are, and what they can do for you, until you don't have any for a while. THAT is the defintion of Simple Pleasure.
Have a Simple Day!
-As American as Apple Pie