Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thursday Random Thoughts 11/18/10

Stuff I have been thinking about:

-Don't you just hate when someone says, "Well I'm just doing my job?" I hear that all the time around here and I think it's a cop out.

-Mmmmm Diet Dr. Pepper DOES taste more like regular Dr. Pepper. In fact I think it tastes even better than regular Dr. Pepper.

-Speaking of Dr. Pepper, I can't be the only one out there who thinks that the Cherry Dr. Pepper commercial with KISS and Mini Kiss is completely awesome? Admit it you like that commercial.

-So Prince William is getting married next summer. I remember when I was a kid my Mom getting us up really early in the morning to watch Diana and Charles' wedding. Maybe we will do the same thing for this wedding.

-This Prince William wedding is going to be so huge it's already one of the biggest news stories going. I'm happy for them but I do think that giving his fiance Diana's ring is kind of weird. It's just that considering Diana's marriage broke up and then her death and all.

-Once you hear the "Sniff" in Uncle Kracker's "Follow Me" you can't help but hear it EVERY time.

-I read the other day where Florida Governor Charlie Crist is trying to posthumously pardon Jim Morrison from his lewdness conviction in 1969. THAT is pretty cool. Especially for a Republican.

-So Thanksgiving is next Thursday... I can't wait, in part because I'm gonna do the turkey for the first time in my Turkey Fryer I got last year. It's gonna be GREAT!!

-So defeated SC senate candidate Alvin Greene has new political ambitions. He says he is going to run for President in 2012. Um yeah Alvin, You just keep on believing that one buddy.

- Had a discussion with my wife the other day about which of us was a bigger nerd. Of course I won chiefly because I'm taking a half day off work to see the New Harry Potter movie tomorrow. Yeah I'm pretty proud of it too. HA!

OK that's enough for today... Until next time.

-Doc

11 comments:

Raquel's World said...

You just reminded me that I'd promised my son to buy him some Diet Dr. Pepper. He wants to taste test.

Schmoop said...

Let's tally up this post...

You like DIET Dr. Pepper. You like miniature versions of KISS. You are leaving work early to see a Harry Potter movie, and you are going to get up early to watch a wedding on TV.

You are not a nerd, Doc...You. Are. Gay!!

Cheers Doc!!

Doc said...

Thanks for the support there Matt-Man. LOL!

Karen said...

Well, I don't like the Kiss commercial because midgets are creepy.

I think it is romantic to give someone your mom's wedding ring if you loved your mom and she can't be apart of the your life as an adult. But yes, let's hope there is no hex connected to the ring.

And when you have to be an ass as part of your job and you aren't really an ass in real life, the whole "It's just part of my job" comes in handy. I use it all the time. Or just doing what my client directs. That is another big one.

Jay said...

I guess the giving her his mom's engagement ring is cool, but I feel bad for Harry now. His future wife will have to just get a plain old store bought ring. Poor girl.

Anonymous said...

Oh great, now you ruined the only Uncle Kracker song I still have on my ipod.

Deech said...

Doc...If nothing else, this joker feels you have your priorities straight!

Epic Win on the Harry Potter Coup!

terri said...

Haven't seen the Kiss/Cherry Dr. Pepper commercial. Clearly I do not watch enough television.

I haven't heard the sniff in "Follow Me" either, but now I'll be listening for it.

Disaster Chick said...

When doing a taste test - to get accurage results you must drink the entire can. Hmmmm...maybe I will discuss this in my next blog.

I remember the wedding, however, I remember Andrew and Fergie's more. But it was one of those things that I remember a bit by childhood that is reinforced by the media - otherwise my national/world memory is the Challenger explosion.

It isn't creepy. That is a tradition in a lot of families. The right isn't cursed any more than Charles' zipper since it didn't seem to have the ability to stay up with Camilla was around.

Disaster Chick said...

Jay, Harry was born to be the spare to the heir. However, he has more freedom than William ever had.

Sandra said...

If you're a nerd for going to see the Harry Potter movie, then so is half the city I live in. I can't wait! You'll have to let us know what you thought, but I'm sure it was nothing short of spectacular!