Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Ultimate Jets Fan Bride

So those of you who follow me on Twitter already know about the wedding I was in in NY on Saturday and the surprise that the bride had for the cocktail hour after the reception. I figured I would share it here though.
My brother in law got married on Saturday and we were all in the wedding. It just so happened that service was at 5 pm which was during the Jets - Bengals playoff game. Kim the beautiful bride is a huge Jets fan so as a show of solidarity for her team she came down for the cocktail hour (before the reception) wearing her Jets jersey of Mark Sanchez. I just had to get my picture taken with her and post these here:


Classic and a very beautiful bride too!!
BTW - Maybe the jersey brought the Jets good luck. They won the game and continue on in the NFL playoffs!

-Doc

14 comments:

Unknown said...

How freaking cute is that!

Karen said...

I know that I could be BFF with your new sis-in-law. That is the best thing ever.

Christine said...

Love it. Applause for her for not being a bridezilla but actually enjoy her big day.

Jay said...

That is so cool. Gotta love people who are loyal fans like that.

Doc said...

Hey I would have worn a Panthers jersey at my wedding if I could have gotten away with it!

Anonymous said...

They ought to send in a pic to the Jets and maybe they'll give them tickets for being so loyal. Wearing a jersey over her dress (even for a while) shows she is a diehard fan for sure. And don't you look spiffy in your tux!

Unknown said...

Hubby and I wanted to enter our reception to "2001" the same thing the Gamecocks enter Williams-Brice Stadium to at each home game, but considering their luck, figured it might jinx us...lol

Hubby also had one stipulation when he asked me to marry him, we COULD NOT get married during football season. Thus we were married May 5th and my entire cruise was spent with NBA playoffs on the TV!

DILLIGAF said...

'the Jets - Bengals playoff game'

uh?

OH YEAH....that funny shaped ball thingy...;-)

The bride looked quite lovely old bean.

Congrats to both and may they have a long and happy life together!

(funny shaped ball though)...;-)

Will Shealy said...

I don't get the whole sports-worship thing, but it is nice to see a bride who's not afraid to have a great time on her wedding day. Go her!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

That is just too cute! Beautiful bride!

terri said...

Love her spirit! That's awesome!

j said...

I admire her dedication to the Jets!

Dianne said...

she rocks!!

Anonymous said...

Hello! Wonderful idea, but will this really work?