Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Changes

My world is changing, and major announcements were made shortly before I sat down to write this that will change life as I know it to a certain degree. I usually welcome change, but can sometimes apprehensive. I think that is a normal reaction, because you never know how positive or negative those changes are until a little ways down the road. I like to think that I adapt well and go with the flow. What else can we do – yesterday is history and who knows what tomorrow will bring? We cannot live in either period – I’ve unsuccessfully tried before.


Living in the now is challenging. It is easy to look back and make the past better than what it actually was and long to return to that perfect time. The future holds endless possibilities, and in our minds can be utopia. Living in the moment is hard because there are things we just don’t want to deal with and procrastinate. How often do you step back, take a deep breath, and fully take in the moment you are living? Probably not often – let’s try to do that more!

I’m sure that everything is going to work out. There are just a lot of rumors and unknowns in my career at this moment. One of my oxymorans is that I’m a free-spirited planner. I like to have a general map or directions that I consider a guide, but not a requirement.



Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes

(Turn and face the strain)

Ch-ch-Changes

Don't want to be a richer man

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes

(Turn and face the strain)

Ch-ch-Changes

Just gonna have to be a different man

Time may change me

But I can't trace time


I watch the ripples change their size

But never leave the stream

Of warm impermanence and

So the days float through my eyes


-David Bowie, Changes
-Disaster Chick, Weekly Correspondent

1 comment:

Karen said...

Good luck! I am not a great fan of changes. I am wimp!