Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I don't want the funk.

I don't want it.

My son was sick all weekend and then yesterday my wife came home from work with it. It's the funk. The fever and stomach virus that makes your life completely miserable for 24 hours or so.

I'm doing everything I can to not get this. I am Washing my hands extra and I even slept downstairs on the couch last night.

I don't want it. I can't get sick. I have stuff to do. Work yes, but more importantly I am supposed to go to Raleigh tomorrow for the Florida State - NC State football game. I can't miss that.

Plus my in-laws are coming into town on Friday and we are going hang out all weekend and do Halloween type stuff and maybe go to the Renaissance Festival. Too much fun stuff to do and I don't want it.

As I sit here though my stomach is feeling kind of odd... AHHHHHRRGGHHH!

Do you get the feeling I don't want it?

-Doc

5 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I'll send good vibes your way. Start up on the Zicam or Airborne now to ward it off. It is NOT fun (the voice of experience here....)

Raquel's World said...

I can relate. I have some nasty shit tryna creep up on me too. I'm fighting hard. You do the same. WE CAN OVERCOME!!

Schmoop said...

I felt a little ick over the weekend but I attribute that to too much Rose. Cheers Doc!!

Anonymous said...

Re, “I even slept downstairs on the couch last night.”: I didn’t know what it was like to sleep alone until I got married.
Hope you don’t catch the lurgy.

All the best, Boonie

Knight said...

Eww. Good Luck! Don't forget to keep really hydrated. That means more water than beer. It's hard, I know, but you can do it for a few days.