Monday, July 12, 2010

Weekend and an Old Watch

We had a pretty good weekend that included among other things repainting the entire downstairs and upstairs hall of our house. Now don't get me wrong I didn't do any of the painting. I spent the day with my son out of the house keeping him away from the paint while my wife, sister, parents, and sister's boyfriend did the hard work. The house looks great and I had my fill of Chic-Fil-A seeing as my son wanted to play in their play area for hour upon hour.
I also had a semi-revelation on Saturday. I realized that one of the reasons I don't have as much to blog about is that I tweet pretty much everything that is going on. Now I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing I just need to remember to hold back a thing or two so I can have something to blog about. Pretty smart huh? I had something on Saturday that I really wanted to tweet about but I saved it. So here goes.
One of the things I wanted to get done while I had some time with my son on Saturday was take him to Bass Pro Shop so he could pick out his very first sleeping bag. We are going camping this coming weekend, you know roughing it with tents and campfires and stuff and we needed to pick up some new gear. I went up in the attic to check for sleeping bags and could only find one not two. This called for a more thorough search and while I didn't find the missing sleeping bag I did locate something that I thought I had lost years ago. My airplane pilots watch!
How sweet is this? It was in the bottom of my old college trunk up in the attic and I know I haven't seen or worn it in at least 10 years! The battery was dead of course (probably the reason it ended up in the trunk in the first place) but bonus, we were heading to the mall and I could get a new battery installed. I did and check it out, it's like my old watch is now my new watch. I'm wearing it right now!
Have you ever found something like this that you had forgotten you had and it was like brand knew when you did? Tell me about it...

-Doc

11 comments:

Schmoop said...

That's alot of stuff on one watch. Is it a microwave as well? Cheers Doc!!

Unknown said...

Tweets are only 140 characters certainly you can expand your Tweets.

Unknown said...

I had totally forgotten about a movie I bought and got to watch this weekend. Ghosts of Girlfriends Past should be a movie one of my exs should watch - and no my role would not be Jenny.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I keep old purses in my closet and forget about them, til I look on the top shelf and then I just HAVE to pull one out of retirement! :-)

Anonymous said...

Well, it wasn't mine exactly, but there was this book at my grandparents' that I LOVED when I was like 4. It was called "A Basket Full of Kittens". Sometime through the years it disappeared, I figured it was eventually thrown out. I recently discovered it while helping my grandma put away Christmas stuff in the basement. I was soooo happy to see it.

The Mountain Cat said...

I remember that watch! Cool.

Jay said...

Watches like that are cool, but kinda busy. Sometimes you just wanna know what time it is and nothing else.

Doc said...

Some guy in the elevator at lunch actually said, "Hey nice watch." So apparently I have the good watch Karma going!

Charlene said...

I like watches that just tell me the time. I prefer real numbers, large enough to read without cheaters, and a minute and second hand.

terri said...

I've found old things and got a smile or laugh out of them, but nothing that I've begun to use again.

That is a really cool watch though!

Just me... said...

Never really lost anything that, when found, was really worthwhile when found...
Glad you found your watch!! :)