Monday, June 7, 2010

Thank you for all your Prayers this Weekend


~*~*~

Doc asked me to post this update as he can't seem to access his blog, but I can :)
You've got to love Google ...

~*~

Good morning everyone. I wanted to take a minute and give a quick recap of what happened this past weekend for everyone who has asked and also say a big thank you.

Saturday afternoon we were at our son Patrick's birthday party and part of what we did was have the kids to splash around at the Kannapolis splash pad. It's a small concrete water park about the size of a basketball court where water shoots out of the ground and other various ways. It's a great way to stay cool and have fun on a hot summer day for just a dollar.

As you can imagine on a 90+ degree day it was very crowded and there were kids everywhere. As all the kids were running around and splashing our friend's son Colin and another child ran into each other and Colin fell back and hit his head on the concrete. He of course had a bump on his head and was crying but after a few minutes and an ice pack he calmed down. It seemed as if this was just a simple accident, just a bump on the head and things would be fine.

On the way home from the park in the car Colin passed out and became ill. His parents called paramedics and immediately he was taken to the hospital where he had surgery to relieve pressure on the brain. Apparently the simple bump actually fractured his skull and caused bleeding on the brain. It appears that the surgery was successful and as of this morning Colin was out of ICU and in a regular room. He is in some discomfort for sure but according to his folks he is awake, alert, and asking all kinds of questions. He still has a lot of healing to do but it seems he will be OK and for this we are so thankful.

I updated about this a few times on Twitter this weekend and asked for your prayers and the response was amazing. His folks want to say thank you for the outpouring of love and prayers for Colin. The power of prayer really works and it certainly did in this case. It was a very tense weekend for them and I know Colin and his family have some long days ahead but it seems that things will be OK.

Thank you all.

-Doc

~*~*~

11 comments:

Karen said...

Doc - I told everyone I spoke to pray for Colin. Such a scary thing. I am so happy he is doing better. He was my primary concern, but I'd be lying if I didn't also admit that I was worried about you and your family and potential legalities of everything. You take me out of the courtroom, but you can't take the courtroom out of me, ya know? I am just glad the little guy is doing better and Patrick had a nice party.

Chandra said...

I haven't been blogging or keeping up with reading my blogs to much as of late so when I just read this I was shocked!

I am so sorry for everyone involved but glad to hear things are improving for Colin! Prayer is an awesome thing that is forsure!

Continued prayers for Colin and his family as well as you and your family.

Jay said...

I'm glad he's going to be okay. What a terrifying ordeal to have to go through.

The Burl said...

Wow, Doc! I was virtually unplugged this weekend (oxymoron, anyone?) so this is the first I had heard of the ordeal.

Very happy Colin's doing better and we'll (now) keep him in our prayers for a speedy recovery!

Jeff B said...

Good to know he's doing better. Brought back memories of a trip to the hospital and a stay in ICU with our youngest. You feel so helpless when your little ones are hurt like that.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I wasn't online much this weekend, so I wondered what was going on by the few tweets I did catch.

I'm SO glad that Colin got the care he needed and is on the mend. Keep us updated on his recovery progress.

Disaster Chick said...

I saw some Twitter updates seeing there was some kind of an accident. Shows us how lucky we can be. How many times did we fall and hit our heads and walk away relatively fine?

I'm glad to hear that Colin is going to be okay.

Doc said...

Just a quick update. It seems as long as things go well Colin could go home as early as today. Great news!!

Charlene said...

I am glad your friend's child is improving.

Aunt Becky said...

Will continue to pray. The brain is an amazing organ. xoxo

Lu' said...

Wow. Iam very glad he is doing OK.