Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day Dreamin'

I noticed that Doc hasn't posted, so I thought I would jump in and guest blog today. Last week there was a garage sale in my neighborhood. As a way to meet the neighbors down the street and get a look at their junk I found some CDs that I didn't own for $2 each and in almost new condition:

Nirvana - Nevermind
Jesus Jones - Doubt
The Traveling Wilburys - Vol.1
U2 - War
U2- Joshua Tree
U2 - Achtung Baby
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Let's Face It
The Best of Bob Marley and the Wailers - Legend

I listen to a variety of music and usually can appreciate most of it. However, when Nevermind came out I had moved to a town that the only radio you could get was country and there was not MTV or VH-1 because that might cause pregnancy. Uh, that town had a lot of knocked-up teens. I began liking Elton John then. People would inform me he was gay. My thought was how does that effect me - the guys brillant with the piano?

Late yesterday and this morning I've been listening to the Bob Marley CD and I'm really enjoying it. This gets me to wonder what out is out there that I should listen to that I really hadn't taken the time to? What have you discovered recently that you wish you could have been a fan of all along?

Anyway I'm sitting at the desk in the other office and I'm listening to the island rhythms wishing I just got back from a SCUBA dive and time to just chill on the beach. Why is my home landlocked?

5 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

You'll love the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. We saw them in DC at the 9:30 club years ago. They were GREAT (or maybe it was in Columbus, OH - it's been a LONG time ago and my brain cells are "challenged").

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Bosstones have a great sound indeed...working with new artists, I get music all the time and I have found some incredible new music that I love sharing with my listeners

The AbsolutGator said...

The Bosstones are awesome! Every morning I throw on my Last Dead Mouse t-shirt I got from a '94Orlando show (damn I'm old) to walk the dog. How Dicky Barrett still has a voice after singing that way for all these years, I have no idea.

Doc said...

Great post... Love me some Marley and teh Bosstones are underappreciated.

Raquel's World said...

Julie Roberts- female country.. Guaranteed to love it.