Monday, March 31, 2008

This is so wrong

This is from Entertainmentweekly.com

Pacino to star in new sitcom

Legendary movie icon Al Pacino will make the jump to prime-time television this fall on NBC. From the producers of Will & Grace, he will star in his first sitcom called ‘The Goddad’.

Pacino will play Paulie Morrello, a middle aged man who is forced to take care of his 9 year old neice when her parents die in a tragic car accident. Morrello has been a lifetime bachelor and womanizer who now must learn to care for others and stop his selfish ways.

Pacino is looking forward to the change. ‘It is a bittersweet show’, he says. ‘This will be a comedy but will also have a message for the whole family to enjoy. The stories will have morals to it.’ When asked how his movie fans will react to his new career path, he is very candid. ‘I’m getting old!’ Pacino laughs. ‘I now want to settle down and do something a little more consistent and lighthearted’. The sitcom will also star Kathy Najimy who will play the wise cracking aunt.

'The Goddad’ will air this fall on Thursday nights at 9:30PM following ‘My Name is Earl’.


*******

Pacino does not need money this bad, does he??? I do not think this show will last long. Unbelievable and sad. How can he disgrace the legend of the Godfather movies with this crap!?!? Marlon Brando must be rolling over in his grave!

- The Mountain Cat

32 comments:

Jay said...

That's got to be a joke.

Ginormous Boobs said...

Well, I have seen worse...

Doc said...

Hoooooooo Ahhhhhh !

Lu' said...

Very Good! I know there was no AFD joke with that picture of him because that truely is "so wrong". He looks like something is sleeping atop his head. You ARE old Al, lose the vneck shirt and let the tan subside a bit. He would look so much better with natural hair color CUT and a collared shirt. HAFD MtCat, Doc and AAApplePie.

Ken said...

I think Al should do whatever the hell he wants to do. He'll be back to the big screen someday for sure.
The'll make him an offer he can't refuse!

Karen said...

Yeah....this has to be and April's Fools Joke.

As American as Apple Pie said...

Doc--Good one! I could almost hear Al himself.

I agree with Lu. Al's looking a little too over-processed. You HAFD too! I KNOW I will! ;o

Karen-It can't be April Fool's, TMC posted it last night.

Phfrankie Bondo said...

...does anyone remember when, at the end of his career, Henry Fonda starred in a sitcom called Primrose Lane?...Lasted one season...I think it was '68 or '69...

Doc said...

Frankie... The last thing I remember from Fonda was On Golden Blonde... errr Pond

Unknown said...

I don't know - what's so bad about it? Many a silver screen actors have made it on TV - The Sheen family, Alec Baldwin, Kiefer. I kinda like the idea. With what we pay for cable why not bring in the big names...

Doc said...

Christine... BWAAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHA !!

Schmoop said...

If Brando was rolling over in his grave we would feel it. Cheers!!

The Mountain Cat said...

Hey if DeNiro can wear fake breasts in Meet the Fockers, then Pacino can do whatever the hell he wants!

Lu' said...

Matt-Man if Brando were rolling over in his grave, wouldn't we ALL feel it and couldn't they measure that on the Richter scale?

Phfrankie I rememer the song?

Lu' said...

oops forgot the "b" fat fingers and fast talkin' will get you in trouble every time.

Anonymous said...

I have got to see it because i love Pacino! I will watch him in anything!! LOL!!

Who am I kidding, it may not last at all!!

LOL!

Single

Doc said...

Brando's best role was in The Freshman

The Mountain Cat said...

Doc- ROTFLMAO!!!! How can that be his best performance when all he did was imitate his performance in The Godfather!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I feel about Pacino on TV, but I'll try to keep an open mind. We'll see, but I have a bad feeling...

LeapO'Faith

Doc said...

How can that be his best performance when all he did was imitate his performance in The Godfather!?!?!? - Oh I forgot to say April Fool.... :p

Unknown said...

Didn't we like Brando with Depp in Don Juan DeMarco? I loved that movie.

The Mountain Cat said...

Al Pacino's best performance was in that film where he screams alot. I can't remember the name of the movie. Help me out here please.

Unknown said...

Scent of a Woman??

Anonymous said...

next stop ATTICA! ATTICA!
what a shame

Anonymous said...

next stop ATTICA! ATTICA!
what a shame

The Mountain Cat said...

LOL. Actually the challenge is to find a Pacino film where he DOESN'T yell! Or run his fingers through his hair too.....

Anonymous said...

MC- Hint-- lots of Cocaine?

Knight said...

Ha, that is pretty funny. Didn't they already make this sitcom with Taye Diggs? Let's leave our 9 year old with the creepy elderly womanizer. I almost want them to actually make this.

Doc said...

Hint... Tony Montana

Unknown said...

I'm glad you put the disclaimer at the bottom Cat, cause I was thinking, "Why in the hell would someone like him go to sitcom? WTF???? I mean, when he introduces his niece to people in this sitcom (you know what's coming, right?) is he going to say, "Say 'Ello to my little friend".

The Mountain Cat said...

Bina that is funny!!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!