Sunday, February 3, 2008

SHEER WILL


As I write this blog, it has not set in my mind yet that the New York Giants are the Super Bowl Champions. I am in shock and in euphoria! They beat the previously unbeaten New England Patriots 17 to 14. They did not give up after giving up the lead late in the fourth quarter. Our field general Eli Manning decided to take the ball down field for 83 yards in the most intense 12 plays of football you will ever see. Sheer will. The Giants willed this victory. With just over a minute to play, Eli Manning is virtually sacked by the Patriots defense, but somehow gets away, scrambles and OVERTHROWS 32 yard to David Tyree. But Tyree, out of SHEER WILL, somehow jumps up and grabs the ball on his helmet, while getting mauled by a Patriot defender, and completes the pass for the first down. SHEER WILL! If I could read David Tyree's mind at that point, he was telling himself, 'I AM CATCHING THIS BALL. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DEFEAT ME!' We will see this Manning to Tyree pass on the highlight reels for a very long long time. Four plays later Manning connects with Plaxico Burress for a touchdown to take the lead for good. The Giants are the Super Bowl Champions. This is one of the most amazing victories of all time.

- The Mountain Cat

14 comments:

Jay said...

I'm completely stunned. I thought for sure that when the Pats got the ball with 35 seconds to play they would hit Moss on a 60 yard pass on the first play, call timeout and then hit Moss on a 20 yard TD on the next and win. Seriously, I thought they would.

The Mountain Cat said...

Amazing! Stupendous! Fantastic! Double U Oh Double U!

Doc said...

It was a great game!!

Thank you Giants... you were able to shut the Patriots up!!

Karen said...

It was an amazing ending. I still have not really processed the whole thing. Wow.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is 18 and 1, baby...18 and 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Mountain Cat said...

Happy birthday Leapofaith. What a gift! The Giants are the Champions!!

ZenDenizen said...

Even I was moved and I almost NEVER watch sports!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mt. Cat! This birthday is certainly a memorable one...goes down in history! ; )

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha...10:35am is my birth minute! I couldn't have planned this one better...check out the time!

The Mountain Cat said...

Glad we can spend your birthday with you Leapo.

Anonymous said...

me, too!!! = ) = )

Jahooni said...

I was sick on the couch with tons of blankets on me with hot tea and the only good thing about yesterday was that the Patriots lost and that TMC got his victory!

Cait said...

NOLA exploded last night, and not just from a collective hangover after Bacchus - well done, Eli!

DirkStar said...

Giants...

Rah...